A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Best way to practice Flash websites embedded in HTML?

Best way to practice Flash websites embedded in HTML?

I've been working on a Flash website template for someone but when my partner shows it to the guy it always looks different from my computer. I know it's because of my monitor resolution because I like mine as big as possible (1280 x 1024) so I end up making my programs according to that size.

So my partner wants the website to be wide so I made it as wide as 1200 pixels in Flash but then if he opens it on a different computer it will have a horizontal scrollbar because the resolution isn't as high. So this becomes an annoying problem because people might catch visual bugs that I can't because of different resolutions.

What would be the best way to steer away from this problem?

Depending on your level and if its AS3 or what not.

A: Landing page with 3 links for different resolution choices (not so great).
    B: If you are using AS3 set it up so only certain things are resized for resolution so your buttons etc stay _normal_ sized. First Google link: http://blog.circlecube.com/2009/03/t...yboard-events/ (best choice)
    C: Make it for the smaller resolution and use width:100% and height:100% in the page parameters meaning it will always increase size for resolution (worst idea as your text etc will be come strange sizes).
    D: Create the flash to fit in 1024x768 and have it centred via CSS so it is always in the middle of the screen, apply background to site so that the higher res users see background image (easiest choice).

Your choices I think

I don't need the website to be full screen so I think I'll go with a 800x600 template and it will only be fullscreen for those with that resolution and I don't think any computers nowadays can have a lower one. Everyone else will see a centered embedded object with 2 empty columns on each side, maybe with a background.