dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Experimental Panorama

Experimental Panorama

Hi.

Was looking into different methods for taking panoramas. I'd only ever tried panos with 1 row (e.g. 7 photos all shot in portrait orientation running horizontally across the image). So - thought I'd try multiple rows in 1 panorama. This shot is 4 rows of around 15 images per row (each shot using portrait orientation).

The resulting image was huge - something like 25,000 pixels wide - and took PS an age to merge them. The problem (as you'll see) is that with that many photos, I had to take them at different exposures to allow for shadows and highlights on this bright, contrasty day - the photo is very poorly blended together.

That said, I'm still pleased with the impact of the size of the image - shooting it this way meant I got no distortion at the edge of the shot as you would with a wide angle.

Anyway - here's the shot: http://johnloydall.co.uk/panoramas/lake.jpg

Like I say, the processing is pretty poor but I really like the construction of the image.

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Very nice indeed. When I do pano's I usually do 1 row or 3. 1 for the ground area, 1 for the middle, and the top for the sky. Unless it is a simple 1 row I think photomerge gets easily confused- so I have a lot of unprocessed panos that I need to do by hand.

I am all moved in so maybe tonight I will get my computer up and running and do some edits as I won't have internet to distract me
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna