dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf outputs as files

swf outputs as files

I know flash player can save bitmaps and xml files on the file system, but does anyone knows if theres a way to make a swf spits .as files? And load as well?

Not sure what you want to save in .as file. Some code the user types? Or the code from swf running?

Of course you can not load and run any actionscript code since the swf is compiled already with all the code. You could load .as file and show the code as text but not make it run or do anything.

I want to make kinda of a .as files editor
    Like if i have a perlin noise generator, i see the results, change the data i want, click generate and he saves the code into a .as file

Basically you can do that same way you would save txt or html file, .as is simply different extension. You would need to compile new swf from saved .as file.

Yeh, you will have to recompile the code into a new swf, and swf's can't compile new swf's on their own( well some of the Einsteins here might think of a way of doing it eventually....).

If you ask me, your best bet is to write your own parser method to handle external code. Think of it like passing parameter values to a function from an external source.
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

I dont want to compile, just load, edit and save.