dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: evt.target.name only works once

Well, I guess I need a similar safeguard in the retractStick function--Ideas?

or maybe a Boolean so that if the animation is retracting to wait until it finishes?

Thanks,
    ---Yvette

Actually, if I just let it play for a bit--that happens and no errors were thrown-- What happens is the flag just appears and disappears without any tweens --I was incorrect(surprise)before when I said it was just happening while retracting--it happens in both functions--no emerging animation, no retracting animation--just stick and flag and no stick and flag-

Help?

Thanks,
    ----Yvette

Hi,

Quick ?---Do you think that I'd be better served if I just took out that evt.currentTarget statement altogether and just had duplicate functions for each menu item ex:
    Code:
    		function retractStick1(evt:MouseEvent):void
    		{

lifering1.splash.gotoAndPlay(2);
    			TweenMax.to(lifering1.cont, .5 ,{x:8.1,y:36.3,ease:Back.easeOut});
    			TweenMax.to(lifering1.stick, .5 ,{x:120.45,y:464,ease:Back.easeOut,onComplete:endSplash1});

}
    		function retractStick2(evt:MouseEvent):void
    		{

lifering2.splash.gotoAndPlay(2);
    			TweenMax.to(lifering2.cont, .5 ,{x:8.1,y:36.3,ease:Back.easeOut});
    			TweenMax.to(lifering2.stick, .5 ,{x:120.45,y:464,ease:Back.easeOut,onComplete:endSplash2});

}
    etc?

Thanks,
    ---Yvette

Hi,

That didnt work--nor did adding a boolean to check if the initial animation was playing and to prevent the others from playing if not--In fact, it just seems to get slower and slower for no apparent reason......though, I never receive an error in this script is causing the Flash player to run slowly mssg
    Is it possible to email you the files for inspection?

Thanks again,
    ----Yvette
    Last edited by yvillicana; 07-09-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Will moderate for beer
    Since you're dealing with frame stuff, I assume you're doing this in frame based code in a .fla file. I don't have Flash to open those, so sending the file wouldn't help.

The progressive slowness would seem to indicate that you are stacking up event listeners. Could you be adding the same listeners multiple times?