A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash unable to find document class

Flash unable to find document class

I have a App.fla file on a path and a App.as file on the same path.

On the Class field I put "App" and on the ActionScript Settings Source path there is "." which means the same path of the .fla file, right?

I open the App.fla file and click on the little "pencil" icon in order to edit App.as but then Flash whether tells me there's no class file associated or it opens a new ActionScript file.

So I can't do nothing , I even copied all code into the App.as , and pasted into the new ActionScript file it generates when I click the little pencil button. It still cannot find the god damned class .

A little detail, I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.2.
    I've been working full time with flash on a Windows and that never happened to me before. That hasn't happend to me on Mac either (though I have hardly used it to do FLASH/AS).

This is driving me nuts, please help.

it seems that flash take as root path of a FLA file not the folder which the FLA is placed.

why ?

i've added this by browsing:

/Users/ziriguidum/ACTIONSCRIPT

but this is not the path where the FLA file is in. That is, in the folder that has the FLA file, there's no folder name 'Users'. That folder is somewhere else.

Will moderate for beer
    By starting the path with "/", you are saying that it starts at the root of the filesystem. To use a relative path, omit the "/" at the beginning, or use "./"

yes, that's what I expected, but Flash cannot locate the .as file that is in the same path of the .fla file.

The file's there, I'm not crazy, I've tried with many different files !

And funny is, if I add this in the actionscript source path:

/Users/ziriguidum/work/projects/someclient

it will that find the class. But that path is the same as "." , cause there's where the .fla file is.

So what I can learn from it is that flash, in this case, cannot understand a relative path. Maybe there's something to do with files I migrated from a PC.
    Last edited by ziriguidum; 07-14-2010 at 08:39 AM.