A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SWF Output to LCD Projector

nice one video man thanks.. i think i'm gonna need a new machine though as i fear the output file will be enormous..the fla is at least 150 meg + ..and avi eaquates to 60x approx doesnt it (prob relevant to settings etc)..

p.s i tried outputting to quicktime before as a test but that option was not available or switched on or updates required etc .. havent tried avi yet ...(i'm using mx2004 remember lol)

a friend has Adobe premier so i'd prefer to give that a go and get on the learning curve..alternatively i did try out virtual dub for some smaller files i had to clean up... basic in functionaility but looks quite good..i think this may be an option but again the file size will be huge-gantic. also have pinnacle or windows movie maker as options...

any pref out of those in your experienced opinion.? what do you guys use?

regards
    denny

Once you start working with video, you’ll find the file sizes are very large…. Just goes with the territory!
    But as for the final file size, who cares, it’ll be on a DVD. If you’re burning your own, you’ll have about 4.7GB of space for that video file. That translates to just over an hour of video when rendered as a (standard def) DVD. The final DVD video file will be much smaller than the raw .avi by the way.
    If you can export the Flash as an .avi or if you are thinking of completely redoing the project as a video instead of converting the .swf to video, then almost any of the video editing programs will work. On the other hand, if you are wanting to import the .swf directly into the video editing program, good luck on that one… not all programs can do that.
    Adobe Premier is one of the top level editing programs so would be a really good choice. You could start with the “Elements” version or all the way up to the “Pro” package.
    Just a thought about the huge size of your .fla… once the file size gets to a certain point, it can be very slow and difficult to open the .fla and then test the .swf. Not sure of the make-up of your .fla but if you are using a lot of graphics (bitmaps especially) you might want to consider keeping most of your assets as external files instead of having them in the Library. Then use loadMovie to bring in other .swfs or xml to bring in images, text, etc. That can help keep the size of the .fla much, much, smaller and loading time much quicker.
    But best of luck to ya on your project!
    Video Man

cool video man ..cheers!!!

i shall have a looksie and little play..

p.s yeah the fla has been a bit of a bugger on occasion to open, especially if any other smaller fla's are open (i did the intro in a smaller version and copied the frames across due to the big fla opening/editing issues, but i needed both open for that as well...lol..managed in the end)

thanks again vm

good luck

denny b