A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: movie clip in timeline speeding up (fish frenzy!) -- please help

movie clip in timeline speeding up (fish frenzy!) -- please help

Hello All,

I am hoping to get a little guidance, as I'm a little lost as to what is happening.

I programmed a simple (or so I thought!) website entirely in flash, using a looping movie for the background.

I have the entire website programmed in one scene, with actionscript telling the movie-clip-button navigation to "gotoAndPlay" the name of each section.

I tested the entire time I was programming, and everything was looking great. However... when I uploaded the file and test it live, my movie clip background has gone haywire!

When I navigate now between the sections, the movie clip speeds up. I have done some troubleshooting, but to no avail.

Help! please? What have I done wrong?

I have the mov file embedded in the timeline itself. The only two things I can think to try is to make it a reference file and then call to it to play. (?) Or, maybe I should set the entire site up into different scenes instead of on the same timeline? (though I read articles saying otherwise.)

My working site can be viewed here: http://dichadesign.com/portal/

Click on the main navigation a few times... and suddenly everything starts going nuts!!!

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer!!!

Have you set a frame rate for the entire project? Is it possible somewhere in your code or project that the frame is getting altered?
    http://www.savagelook.com/blog - My Flash, AS3, & Away3d blog

no, I kept the pre-set frame rate - 12 fps

my code is super simple (since I'm still a beginner of sorts), so I know I haven't coded anything regarding frame rate.

It is something to do with the site being live, since it doesn't give me errors when I watch it locally.