A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading data into a dynamic textbox thats nested in a loaded movie clip

Loading data into a dynamic textbox thats nested in a loaded movie clip

Hey everyone.. Well I have a problem right now and I have tried EVERYTHING that I can personally think of, And no one seems to have any advice for me..

Well this is the problem right here.
    In my flash movie, I made it so a member from my PunBB Forum can login using their login information from the forum, This is using the LoadVars and it loads the variables into flash and displays the username.

In the php script i made it so it will display profile information that user has on the forum, this is where the problem comes in..
    I can trace the data perfectly fine in the output panel when you are successfully logged into flash.

I can also display the data in Dynamic text boxes IF they are on the main stage.. I need to be able to load the data of the user inside of a movie clip.. that is loaded when you click "User Profile" on the menu, Once the movie is loaded, no data is displayed.

Yes i have all the instance names and paths correct, but no matter what i do I cannot load the data into this movie clip.

So me thinking it just wouldnt work, I tried making a profile page on a different keyframe in the timeline, That also did not load the data onto another frame.. is there anyway there's a solution to this? Its very very appreciated whoever can figure this out.

there shouldn't be a difference if it's on the main timeline or in a movieclip. Somewhere you say "Once the movie is loaded" if you are really loading it, where is your loadVars? in the swf that's being loaded or on the main movie? If on the main movie, use the onLoadInit of the loadVars class, since you cannot talk to a swf that hasn't finished loading.

gparis

My loadVars in the movie is actually nested inside of the submit button on the Login_GUI.
    I'm just really confused as to why it wont load..

In a button?!

gparis

sounds like a scope problem, check your paths

Problem solved I can now load everyone's user profile using the data from my forum. Their profiles in flash display their Credits, Email, Title (Admin, mod, member etc.) , Karma, language, Country and Avatar.

Thanks guys! The problem was just that the Login Movie clip needed to be on the main stage like you guys said.