A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: size too large of masking

size too large of masking

i made a masking anim using frame by frame animation on the mask layer...

when i exported the swf it was of 83 kb (too huge) and i checked it was all due to shapes in the mask layer....

i found "eltima swf optimizer" on internet but it gives only black and white output in the demo version ....

i opmitized all shapes one by one by using modify>shape>optimize
    using 100% optimization
    but when i exported swf this time was 114kb(even more) this sux!!!

my question is that is there any other "swf optimizer" that i can use for free...
    (hey its my school project and i just need to mask a single jpeg)

or any other technique i can use....

any help would be great...

First, why is 83 kb too huge? 83kb is really pretty small.

Let me ask you this; what's in the swf and what's the targeted size? If it's just a mask and a jpg then try doing this:

Instead of a jpg, if you can, make it a png at full quality (I know this seems backwards because the files will be larger than the jpg). Then, bring it into flash instead of the jpg. Next, open the bitmaps properties in the library, hit advanced, and choose a compression setting. When you hit test it will tell you the outputted size of the image and it gives you a preview. Compress it as far as you can and see if you can get it to be a better quality than the jpg and a smaller file size. Also, try to allowsmoothing to see if you can get the compression lower but not get any pixilation.

If all you have is a jpg and a mask then you're going to be hard up to get the filesize down. You can either simplify the mask, or compress the image. That's it.

Sorry, don't know of any free compressors out there. Flash does a pretty good job on it's own and in my opinion if you know the techniques does it just as good or better than a lot of other software.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!