I've got a Flash component that I'm including in an ASP.NET MVC 2 application. I've done this before, and it's worked, so I'm not sure why it isn't working now. I'm reusing working code. Anyway, I am using swfobject to embed the Flash component. I have the paths set for the swfobject.js, the AC_RunActiveContent.js, and the swf file itself. I've tested the paths, and they're all fine. The Flash component is actually appearing in the browser, but it's not doing anything. It's a thermometer that animates filling to a certain point - nothing fancy.

Here's where it gets odd. If I just navigate to the swf file in the directory structure of the web site and double-click it, the thermometer runs as expected. The same thing happens if I run the website and put in the path to the swf from the source html (swf view on page by itself). It runs just like it should. Basically the swf is getting all the data it needs, because it runs just fine if run in the Flash player or in the browser window by itself. So my question is what could cause this behavior? With MVC, you don't have all the weirdness that ASP.NET web forms included - it's just regular html, so generic causes of this behavior should be helpful.

There are no other Flash components on the site, and I'm running some jQuery to display image galleries. Other than that, the site is pretty static.