dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: NYC Venues

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar

NYC Venues

yes...i'm heading to NYC AGAIN and need some help AGAIN.

I don't want to waste my time in NYC this time around so I'm looking to plan ahead and check out some live music while there. I checked out the TIMEOUT website but it seems they only go a week at a time? So instead of just searching "music in nyc" I was hoping to get the names of some of the major(or underground) venues that usually have quality acts booked.

sk8Krog, you reading?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I am assuming you are looking for a particular genre of music, which I won't insult you by trying to 'name' as I always get it wrong.

That being said, as far as venues go...Bowery Ballroom is tops. I don't care who is playing, best venue in NYC. Terminal 5 is a cool room too. I've not been to the Governor's Island 'beach' but it's probably cool too. Oh, and if you can find an act you like at the Central Park Summerstage...that's a cool spot as well. - http://www.summerstage.org/
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I'm into a very wide variety of music so I'll look into all those spots. Thanks a lot.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

maybe check out http://ps1.org/warmup/
    mmm signature

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z View Post
    sk8Krog, you reading?
    Pick a show? I got a ticket to the Conspirator/Sonik Spank show on the Rocks Off Cruise Monday. Also going to Muddy River festival today in south jers.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Didn't end up in any music venues but walked around the meat packing district most of the nights there and had a blast. The beer garden under the standard hotel was a good time.