A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash fonts

Flash fonts

I've been working on a flash site (my first one), and am having a font problem. On my computer, the site looks great, but that's because I have the fonts I used on my computer. When I view it on another computer, the text is all the wrong size, and default font faces have been inserted. Looks terrible. The site (in its current state) is at: http://www.cornerstonecommunitynn.or...flashhome.html. Please don't judge. I'm new to flash, and the site is far from finished. I tried embedding the fonts. I have them in my library (for the fla file), have the linkage set up as well. Can you think of anything I may be missing?

If the text isn't going to change (like, if I had a digital clock, the text would change as the minutes and seconds ticked up), then just click on your text field and change it to "Static text". This normally gets around most of the embedding issues. Any joy with that?

Dave

It already was static text. Any other ideas?

can you upload your fla?

Not sure how to upload it here but you can get it at: www.cornerstonecommunitynn.org/beta/homepage.fla

So...nothin? Really? I'd have thought this would've been an easy one for you vets to figure out.

Nevermind. I figured it out myself. Apparently you have to embed the font before you convert the text to a symbol (movieclip). Now I know.