A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My swf is "reloading" across multiple pages

My swf is "reloading" across multiple pages

I currently have a single flash swf which acts as a header to multiple pages of a site I am building. When the preloader was created I expected it to show the first time I visit the site in order to load the entire header file. What I didn't expect was the swf to have to preload on every page of the site. Shouldn't the swf header already be completely loaded once the first page accessed by the user has been loaded.

To see what I'm talking about, please visit http://chrisbrowndmd.com and observe the preload of the same header file on each individual page.

the only way would be to use a frameset. Only the content frame, below the header frame, would change.

gparis

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by gparis View Post
    the only way would be to use a frameset. Only the content frame, below the header frame, would change.

gparis
    Or it could call javascript/AJAX function that will update the html content below the flash header.
    while (2+2 == 4) {
    drink ("bourbon");
    }
    gotoAndStop("bed");

Smilev is right. I should not have said 'the only way', sorry. That would require some more serious programming though. If you have someone or if you're comfortable with these languages, go for it.

gparis