A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash button to open image window?

Flash button to open image window?

I want my button in a flash movie to open a window like this

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2365/testzw.jpg

It shows the picture in full size with a close-able x in the corner. Is that possible? I'd do it in the flash movie, however some of the pictures are bigger than the movie itself (it's a style and it looks good) just that... Know how it works?

Actionscript Code:
    btn.onRelease = function() {
    getURL("image.jpg", "_blank");
    }

gparis

hi gparis, thanks for your reply but actually what i had in mind (and with a bit of research i did the past day) i found out it was called lightbox. i downloaded it and found that i needed a modified one called flashlightbox. although the demo included wasn't too helpful... at all.

the action script that came with the demo didn't help with what i was trying to do. in my case, i have a set of thumbnails already inside the flash movie that are buttons. i want to be able to click the buttons that open the corresponding image in the lightbox.

the one in the demo doesn't explain how to layout the buttons in your own order (rather than using it's scattered polaroid photo frames layout) purely crazy!!!

This here works very well. You can also download an example:

http://blog.codefidelity.com/?p=18

gparis

thanks again! that worked perfectly. exactly the way i wanted it. the only thing i had to change was my swfobject code to the new format. i was using the old one which was not letting me put things like:

so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
    so.addParam("allowScriptAccess","samedomain");

etc...

thank you for all your help. the instructions were absolutely straight forward that came with the resources. now my lightbox appears on top of my movie when clicking a thumbnail to open the full image. looks great