A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Canon 550d

Question Canon 550d

So I remember when I signed up on here I had no dlsr. Then I got the XSi, and a few days ago I just upgraded to the 550d. I'm so freakin' excited! :P I would have not upgraded if it weren't for the video, since I've always been interested in dslrs taking video.

...My question is...Was it a good choice to upgrade now or should I have waited till the t3i came out?
    I'll change this when I think of something.

The t2i is the 7D in a rebel body with some missing bells and whistles. Enjoy it!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Thanks. =]

...or should I have waited for the t3i and stuck with my XSi...or was buying the t2i right now okay?

Also, I already had the kit lens that came with it. (surprisingly, the body was more expensive than the kit lens & body)

Any good places to sell them? I was thinking amazon... And for how much?

Personally I don't wait for new models to come out - Canon will always surprise you with a new model anyway so whatever you buy will be slightly outdated within a year or so.

But - that's not important - get a decent lens and it will last you years and it doesn't really matter which body you put it on. See my other thread and a decent lens on the old 40D still works magic.

You probably wont get much for your kit lens. They're not really that desirable. However - they can be used to get decent results. I'd keep hold of it for back up.

You have a great camera - next thing, get yourself a decent prime lens (see threads on the sigma 30mm)

I already have the kit lens (I got them with the xsi), thats why I'm selling them. I have those and the 50mm 1.8 II.

Any recommendations for what to get next? =]