Hi,

Earlier today i posted in the actionscript 3 area, but i was advised to put in the flex area, so here i am.

I am new to this forum, and just starting to understand as3, so i'm kind of a newbie.
I am searching for 2 days on forums and google, but i havent found a solution yet.

I am creating a stand alone flash application (flash cs4) with a load of png images.
Our customer wants the (external) images to be embedded in the application for protecting them from copying, otherwise i could load them in runtime.

The principle of embedding with the "[Embed(source="../../file..png")]" works perfectly with 10 files.
This way i wont have to name and define all my images in the library for later usage.

But when i try to embed for example 100 files, my compiler will not give any errors, but it just wont load any of the images.
Actually, the generated swf is not working. I guess the compiler has problems with loading in the rather large png files (130 kb).

I know this will create a large swf, or executable, but it will be published to cd-rom, so i don't think this will be a problem.

Has anyone found a similar problem, or maybe have a solution or workaround?

Solving this would be a great help, so thanks in advance.

Actionscript Code:
package {

import flash.display.*;
import flash.display.Bitmap;

public class GIFEmbed extends Sprite {
     [Embed(source = "149image.png")]
     private var theClass:Class;

//many files here

public function GIFEmbed () {
          var displayObj:DisplayObject = new theClass();
          addChild (displayObj);
          }