A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Framework for game development

Hybrid View

Framework for game development

Hi,
    I need a framework that would ease n modularize game development.I am also searching through web,but the reason I posted this query is that ,there are lots of great game developers out there who have been actively involved in game development.And they know what framework is right for game development purpose.
    This is for the facebook game similar to http://apps.facebook.com/crimecitygame/
    Any guide would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't done game development, but as far as frameworks go, I wouldn't choose one because you are developing a game, I would choose it because of control over how items are developed. If you have a framework you are familiar with, then that removed the learning curve of the environment and allows more time on the game. Of course, as I said at first, I haven't built any games, so what do I know.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Will moderate for beer
    The two main AS3 game development frameworks that I know of are Flixel and PushButtonEngine.