A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "exactfit" swf as background in IE

"exactfit" swf as background in IE

http://agouramunchmadness.com (UN=admin PW=village)

I've got it working in every browser on both Mac and PC except IE. Of course. Can anyone help?

I'd suggest you add height: 100% to the CSS for both html and body tags. I'd also suggest you move the code embedding your Flash file into the <body> tag. All content needs to be in there.

Thanks rdoyle. I actually had the div in the body section before and someone suggested putting it in the head... I put it back and added the 100% CSS you suggested but sadly it did not work. I appreciate the try though.

Well as rdoyle said, all the content goes in the <body>, none of it goes in the <head>.
    So what exactly is not working in IE? Seems to be working fine in IE8.
    Best to validate your page before trouble shooting:
    http://validator.w3.org/
    Pay particular attention to the <head> and <body> tag errors.
    Also CSS for #bg looks a little odd, but since I can't see any problems with the display... maybe all is well.
    Background is pretty slow to load and so the effect is sort of lost... I've already clicked onto another page..
    Video Man

Thanks Video Man. I had already fixed it. There were three places in the code where I needed "exactfit" and I only had it in two. That was enough for every other browser but not for IE. I also I hadn't optimized the background yet. It's optimized now and loads very quickly.

Works great in IE-8