A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sister Mary Dracula online for October

Sister Mary Dracula online for October

Just for the Halloween season, I've posted my entire 110-page graphic novel, "Sister Mary Dracula" at http://www.sistermarydracula.com/SMD...d_ch1_pg0.html .

It's been in the works for 4-1/2 years and I completed it this summer. I've been trying to scare up a publishing deal but I couldn't stand to let another Halloween go by without letting folks read it!

It tells the story of Terry Malloy, a ten-year-old at St. Egregius the Stricter Catholic School, who is convinced that his teacher is a vampire and wants to drink his blood. Even his best friends Steven and Kenny think he's insane.

SMD began as a Flash animation that I created in 2001. It gained an internet following and was selected for the 2004 San Diego Comic Con's Independent Film Festival. That exposure gave me the impetus for developing the graphic novel.

There will be printed books for sale later in the month and I'll let you know when they're available, but selling books isn't really the point. I just thought it would be cruel to post the pages without offering books too!

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    I remember you posting something about it before, or maybe it was someone else, but I distinctively remember the fanged nun...looks like good work, will be doing some reading soon

[EDIT]

Just finished reading it, Dude, it's AWESOME.......

Can't wait to see if you'll transfer the rest of it to Flash Animation

[/EDIT]

Love your frames, low angles rock
    Last edited by el-Ignoramus; 10-10-2010 at 12:04 AM.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    lots and lots of work there, and a good feel for the frame to frame story-telling process I think, congrats.

davidp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Quite nice work indeed. Thanks for sharing and keep up the inspired work.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I remember this. Great work. Props to your creativity and commitment.

Wow, thanks for the nice comments. As promised, you can now buy a printed copy from the ComixPress online store at http://www.comixpress.com/store/inde...oducts_id=1790

So I lied! I had every intention of sticking to my word and taking these pages down after Halloween...but I got a ton of traffic from France for some reason (two French ESL websites were responsible for more hits than all other sources combined), and one of the websites that has a link to it asked if I could please leave it up longer. How could I say no?

So the entire story will be up for awhile longer, and I'm also adding the pages to Facebook photos page!
    Last edited by Skarab; 11-08-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Mad congratz on your continued success.
    Not quite my cup of tea... (God, I'm beginning to detest any mention of tea lately. American politics has reached a new low...), but I can certainly appreciate the amount of work and talent it takes to accomplish what you have.
    Keep at it and I can see some major publishing deals in your future. </miss Cleo>
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Thanks for the comments!

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Dude, go for it, Go for broke, make a Facebook page for the series, do a couple of HIGH DEF backgrounds with 3D effects on photoshop, put discussions, and take off the ground with that project, and add the facebook link to the series