A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The fatigue monster wants my soul!

The fatigue monster wants my soul!

Life has taken a brutal turn recently. In that positive self-improvement responsible father and husband kind of way. The combination of work, 3 hours of commuting, earning a degree from Fullsail online and eating however are starting to take their tole. I'm barely keeping my eyes open at the moment.

What do you guys use to battle your 2:30 feeling? I was drinking 5 hour energies for a while but they seem to have lost their effect. I'd prefer a healthier alternative anyway.

i'm pretty adapt at the 15 minute cat nap. if i am feeling pretty low mid day during the work week ill normally drink a can of cola, then sleep for about 15 minutes on my lunch break. its not a deep sleep but its a way for my body to just sort of reboot it self.

just be in a really quite area try and get as comfortable as possible, and try and make it as dark as you can(cover your head with your coat) after the 15 minutes the colas caffine is normally going to be in full affect so you wake up alert and refreshed and at least for me there does not tend to be a drop afterwards.

if that doesnt help i live close enough to where i can go home and take a shower, that normally helps
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Hmm, I guess I could go out to my car for a quick snooze. Gonna have to try that tomorrow. It's really affecting my productivity since I'm basically stupid when I'm this tired.

Exercise daily. Even if it's just a 20 minute walk at lunch - the activity will stimulate you a lot more than any caffeine type fix will.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

After a run or any type of exercise I actually feel less tired. At first I am really tired from whatever I did but after that settles my mind is usually more clear and alert.

If you work at some sort of office- does it have a gym?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I used to run every day after work but this course schedule is brutal. The last three weeks I've uploaded my assignments with an hour to spare. I do take a brisk walk at lunch but I need to find a way to get more exercise.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    swimming always invigorates me, as for a nap, I can't sleep when in travel, be it a car, a train, a bus, a plane, so you can imagine how I feel after a long 20 hours flight, but I usually try to get my rest in the middle to break the feeling, and listen to some relaxing music, either Operas on low volume, or sounds of the Ocean -whales and Dolphins is my favorite-

Play minecraft!
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

I support the 30 minute powernap and the daily quick workout.

Just about each morning, I ride a bicycle (yes, my big self rides a bike) while exercising the dog - walks were boring him, then do my daily stuff. I feel better, refreshed and stay awake better.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

There's already enough minecraft going on around the office.