dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Game Projcet]Do you want to help?

Post [Game Project]Do you want to help?

Hello, I, And my friend, Are starting up a project, where we will hopefully be creating a Flash RPG, where you play a character, in a world where the element's play a big part indeed.

Some background information of the game.

Name: Elemental Nations
    Basic Storyline: You play a character, born into this world, to help save it from an evil Elemental Demon, who is taking over the land, Meter by meter.

To help with this project, We need 2 coders, and 1 artist and, maybe a concept artist. The coder's must be able to code in AS3, or php. We are using AS3 for the actual Game client, and Php for linking to the database, loading the item's in game, and the general website CMS.

We have only little art example's for us to show, But this is the basic character design : http://www.swfcabin.com/swf-files/1288182275.swf

We have no coding examples as of now, But we are hoping to get some finished in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your time.

This was re-written by my friend verox, who is the project lead.
    -Contact king_alteon@hotmail.com,yoshi_dino@live.co.uk
    Last edited by Xhizors; 10-29-2010 at 07:22 AM.

1) What are your and your friend's roles in the project?
    2) How much have you completed?
    3) What is in it for those who will help you?

lastly, why the heck do you need both php and asp?
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by bluemagica View Post
    1) What are your and your friend's roles in the project?
    2) How much have you completed?
    3) What is in it for those who will help you?

lastly, why the heck do you need both php and asp?
    Here is answers:
    1)Where are the leaders! and we take care about the money things.
    2)Actually we didn't done anything yet but the world map 30% done.
    3)We need php for login packets and to connect to the database.....etc, and we need asp to make a character page like WoW(World Of Warcraft).

Thank you!.

Please guys, make a proper pitch. People need to get enthused by you. Enthuse them! Tell them about your project!

Design document
    What is the game genre? What can players do? What is so special about your game? etc, etc, etc... Basicly a design document, as complete as possible.

Show of skill
    I can say I can code. I can say I own a Ferrari, that doesn't prove much. btw, two managers on a team of five, with no other role besides management is way overkill. One would probably be overkill already. Also, I'm no native speaker, but I can tell you don't speak English fluently. That would make management, which includes communicating with external parties, a bit troublesome. If you can show with your designdocument/map art, that you've got skills in other areas, that would help out a lot. Sorry that I'm coming down on that "show of skill part",but people need to be convinced, that you can see the project through untill the end.

Member prerequisites
    What do you need from the other team members. Saying: code really well in ASP, doesn't say much. What needs to be done? Be specific in your prerequisites.

After having said all that, good luck. Hobbyist internet teams are probably the most fragile element outside the periodic table.

My friend verox has re-written the main post for me.

You tell them TOd

see this post every week . . . im an audio composer, web designer, flash programmer and ok at C++. Ill help if you tell me exactly what you need me to do