A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hit area question

Hit area question

Hi guys, i wonder if you could help.

I basically have about 5 pngs (with alpha) all which have seperate images, internal organs in this case.
    Using different layers i have placed them on the stage to represent the body.
    As you can imagine they overlap somewhat, but this is fine with the alpha channel there.

When the cursor hoveres over a certain organ i want it to highlight, so i have made them into movieclips.

The problem:
    Is there a way to activate each movieclip when you hover over that particular organ, it seems the movieclip hit detection area is using each images entire bounding box thus causing selection issues.

I guess what i'm after is some way of determining a hit area on a movieclip, be it by a simple defined box area or better still a path area around the graphic.

hope this makes sense
    cheers
    chris

I would just draw a vector shape around the organ with the pen tool and make that the hit area. Then convert to Button then move keyframe to HIT frame only, so that the shape is invisible.

For the highlight effect, just copy the keyframe from the HIT frame to the OVER frame within that button and give it a white fill with 25% or 50% alpha.

Hope that makes sense