A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Copy a single keyframe without an armature in Flash CS5 OR convert to frame-by-frame?

User who is Registered

resolved [RESOLVED] Copy a single keyframe without an armature in Flash CS5 OR convert to frame-by-frame?

I am trying to get just a single pose from an armature layer without copying the whole layer. I just want the exact arrangement of symbols from a specific frame of the armature layer alone; in one keyframe; without the armature; into a normal layer.

I tried a few things, like breaking apart and copying the individual keyframe (ctrl+click on the frame I want and "copy pose"). I thought about converting an armature layer into a frame-by-frame animation so I can just copy the one frame like I want, but it's apparently not an option. When I tried the break apart option it just breaks down the first frame of the armature layer into one big vector graphic. I've even tried highlighting every frame except the one I want to use and pressing Shift+F5. Nothing I've tried so far works.

This is annoying because if I don't find a solution, I will have to take each separate symbol used in this frame of the armature layer and individually align them all in the exact same position in the normal layer, so please help.

Mr_A is frustrated, as is Mr. T

Last edited by mr_a; 11-04-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Added a picture for reference
    Don't do drugs!

User who is Registered
    woops, didn't mean to make this reply... umm... my bad. But yeah. Still don't know what to do here. Help please.
    Last edited by mr_a; 11-04-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    Don't do drugs!

User who is Registered

Wink

No thanks to anybody on Flashkit forums, I found my answer on this thread.

Basically: You have to hold CTRL then click on the individual symbol you want to copy from the armature layer. After that, press CTRL+C then click on the layer you want that symbol on. Finally, press SHIFT+CTRL+V and that symbol, exactly as it was on the armature layer, will be copied onto the layer you want sans armature! Success!

Come on people!
    Don't do drugs!