A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone know how to screencapture Flash games?

Anyone know how to screencapture Flash games?

I got some games that needs to be recorded and put on YouTube, but the problem with Flash games (and so far Flash games ONLY) is that it doesn't like to be recorded.

Too bad Fraps and the like doesn't work, so only way for me to record Flash games is using Camtasia, but I can't get a steady and smooth fps. It doesn't matter if I'm recording a 100x100 or a 500x500 screen, or if the computer is 2 times slower than the one I'm using now, or 2 times faster. I've tried it all, even asked some friends to try, all end up with the same result; very jerky recording.

The games runs in 30fps, so I ofc record in 30fps, but Camtasia doesn't capture it in perfect 30fps, it skips frames often. I got no problem getting better results recording anything else.

I searched on google and found people with the same problem, for some disabling hardware acceleration did the trick, but not for me or any of my buddies.

So, anyone know how to record Flash games in a fully working way?

umm, have you tried using a handycam or webcam? if software doesn't work, hardware might do the trick
    If you like me, add me to your friends list .

PS: looking for spriters and graphics artists for a RPG and an Arcade fighting project. If you can help out, please pm me!

My Arcade My Blog

Add me on twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by bluemagica View Post
    umm, have you tried using a handycam or webcam? if software doesn't work, hardware might do the trick
    Of course I havn't tried those, as I want pixel perfect quality videos.

What do you mean with "hardware might do the trick"?

Have you tried Camstudio?

If that doesn't work either, a video capture card may do the trick.

I use Camtasia Studio 7 and it records anything I throw at it -perfectly-, and that includes SWF files in and out of Flash's IDE.
    Skribble

Its not that im lazy, I just dont care.