dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML PROJECTOR REFRESH and Temporay internet issus.

resolved XML PROJECTOR REFRESH and Temporay internet issus.

Well last night was a good night for me. I took me 14 hours but i found the problem I'm having with WiiStream. When you login WiiStream the client pulls the users data using a xml file. And when a user post a new message or accepts a new friend, The client refresh's the on of the XML files.

Then it pulls the new information back to the client. But this was not working for all computers, and the reason why is because microsoft internet explore settings are set to a default value to check for a new page every once in a while.

So the user needs to change the setting on their computer to check for newer version of stored pages: To every time I visit the webpage. This will solve the problem for every one..
    I will be working to find a solution to this problem so the user will not need to worry about this. But in the mean time this is the FIX.

Follow the instructions to FIX the problem:
    Start internet explore.
    Go to tools
    Go to internet options
    find browsing history and click settings.

Now find Temporary Internet File
    and click the radio button
    every time I visit the webpage.

Apply and your done.

Ok my question is how can I get passed this where the user would not have to change the internet settings.
    but it always pulls back new data and it dose not load the file.xml name from the Temporary internet folder?

any one know?
    Last edited by Mancent; 11-08-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    WiiStream A Social Movie Network Version 0.1.1 Demo Testers Aproved http://wiistream.net/WiiStream.exe

can you do some thing anything to solve this? any one know any thing?
    WiiStream A Social Movie Network Version 0.1.1 Demo Testers Aproved http://wiistream.net/WiiStream.exe