A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Export image sequence with movie clips, vcam, etc.

Threaded View

User who is Registered

resolved [RESOLVED] Export image sequence with movie clips, vcam, etc.

UPDATE: I found a way to work around the issue. Because it seems the only way to export with actionscript animation intact is to export as a Quicktime file, I decided to try something and it worked. I made the frames-per-second go from 30 down to 1. It took a looong time to export at 1fps but once it did, I loaded it into Premiere and adjusted the Speed/Duration, putting the speed at 3000 (30*100) and it looks very smooth. Not the neatest way to do things but it works, so I'm happy. A way to do it with a smaller file size would be nice (raw exported file is 883 MB's) but I'm not greedy.

UPDATE: this is a similar post. I guess the proper terminology for what I am looking for is to export as a PNG sequence with actionscript animation.

In Flash CS5 after attempting to export to a Quicktime .mov file and it turning out extremely choppy no matter what (I tried things from here and here) until somewhere I found someone saying they always export as an image sequence. I thought this was the solution to all my problems: I could export as an image sequence so there would be no choppiness, then just import it into a video editing software.

That was until I noticed that the vcam I am using wasn't working in the finished product. The movie clips wouldn't animate, it would just be stuck on the first frame. Masks were also not working correctly (although this may not be an issue if I just lock the layers before exporting, not sure). So basically, I can't export in Quicktime - which does export with vcam, masks, and motion clips - because it's too slow and choppy, and I can't export as an image sequence (even though it wouldn't be choppy) because it doesn't export with all the things mentioned.

So what do I do now? How can I export this with movie clips, vcam, etc. without it being slow and choppy!? Can I get vcam, movie clips, and masks to export in an image sequence?

NOTES ABOUT THE FLASH: I'm simultaneously using 3 movie clips, 2 with a blur filter applied, a mask and a vcam. I can understand why a .swf would be slow and choppy, but I'm trying to get this into a video format.
    Last edited by mr_a; 11-11-2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Found out a work-around
    Don't do drugs!