A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how can I stop sound/video across different windows

how can I stop sound/video across different windows

Dear savvy As3 community...

I seem to have a problem, i cant solve. need your help.
    I have a flash video (.flv) that auto plays upon page entry... and the user also has the ability to view a second video (by clicking on link on webpage)... it opens a SOLIDBOX (similar to floatbox) window and plays the second video... which is great.

But unfortunately the AUDIO/Video from the initial video (behind solidbox POP UP) is still playing. A savvy user would realize this and stop the other video, but unfortunately, to make it user friendly for our customers, we need it to automatically stop the initial video.

How can this be accomplished? How can i stop the initial video when the link on the webpage is clicked (opening the pop up with second video playing)?

You can see this all in action here:http://www.packagefromsanta.com/genu...taletters.aspx

(notice the video upon entry starts playing... then click on the yellow starburst (DEMO GREETING linK) to open the second video)

Thanks for all your help!
    DJ

If for example stream is a NetStream object, then when the new video is played you can close stream and clear the video.

var connection:NetConnection;
    var video:Video;
    var stream:NetStream;

stream.close();
    video.clear();
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

netstream?

cancerinform,

thanks for the speedy reply.

and forgive me, but i am not that proficient with as3.

i dont know if the video(s) is a netstream object. Its basically just an .swf, that calls an .flv from my server.

would i just put that code into the 2nd video(s) .swf (which calls the 2nd .flv)?

Thanks!
    DJ

You need to know if you have a flvplayback component or a video object. If you don't have access to the fla of the swf, you cannot do much.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

cancerinform,
    i created the fla. i have access to it. maybe you could point me in the right direction for setting it up to contain a flvplayback component?
    thx!
    DJ

cancerinform,
    k, i just looked at the FLA of the second video (they are both setup exactly the same)... and it looks like it IS an flvplayback component. see screengrab. but what do i do 'with it'?
    thx
    dj

Need help

hi, im having the same problem.
    Im doing a uni project and this is the first time using actionscript.
    i have an flv playback on a page, when i use the back button the movie keeps playing.
    Its a flv playback component so doesn't have any actionscript the only action script i have is for the button to go back to the preview page.
    Can anyone please help me and tell me what script need to be put on the button to stop the flv playback?
    Thank you