A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Preloader Problems

resolved [RESOLVED] Preloader Problems

Okay, so I really need some help, pretty fast.
    So, I'm trying to make a preloader for my game, and I can make the preloader fine and stuff, but the problem is making it work together.

I tried setting all exported files in the library to NOT export in frame 1, and put them all on frame to in an "asset" movieclip:
    The preloader loads but just gives me null reference errors when it is done loading, and nothing shows up.

I tried setting all exported files in the library to do the export in frame 1, now the game loads fine but the preloader doesnt show up until the game is already finished loading.

I don't get why it's not a hassle free operation to make a preloader!! It's kinda demanded everywhere, but I always run into a bunch of problems, never ever been able to make one that actually works.

Does anyone know a way to take a game you've already almost finished, (OOP-scripted, and uses a document class) and just create a preloader that works?? im kinda desperate here :/ gotta be finished in 17 hours.

do your smiles love u? slicer4ever's Avatar
    i ran into a similar problems, export to frame 2 is only for object's with classes, what you need to do, is physically drag, at least one instance of the object onto the second frame, which well make sure that your pre-loader on the first frame load's, a bit of a hassle, but it'll get what you want

i'd recommend to use the bandwidth profiler to get a read on how much is being loaded on each frame

What you explain is exactly what i did, pulled everything in my library on stage in frame two. Still errors. Could of course post my script but I don't know if that would help, and its a lot of code at this point.

Whoa somehow I made it work.. your/my method works slicer... was my script that was at fault some place ofc. thanks. although the game is a bit laggy now? why is that? everything in the game code is the same except i added the preloader.

Probably will be some freaky problems later too. its a wild world.