A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I change the settings for Flash player so sites can be accessed by my swf?

Mew!

Question How do I change the settings for Flash player so sites can be accessed by my swf?

Hello,

I'm creating a banner that is supposed to send an user to a Web site. I have the following as my AS3 code (in a separate layer):

Code:
    navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.animetron.net/forums"), "_same");
    When I try to test my movie, I get this error:

I clicked on the Settings button and got taken to:

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager

How do I get to this "settings manager"? I'm using Windows 7 Professional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

When testing your movie, and you get taken to that link, you are AT the "settings manager". What this is doing is to give permission for a .swf at a certain location on your local machine to connect to the Internet... just sort of a security issue.
    Click on the "Edit locations" then "Add location"...
    There will be a "suggested location" which will be the address of the .swf you are testing. Copy and paste that into the "Trust this location" text box.
    Of course all this is only relative when testing .swfs that try to connect to Internet connections when testing the .swf on your local machine.
    Once you upload the .swf to yor server and test it from there... none of this security step in needed and will not be activated.
    Best wishes,
    Video Man