A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Remove #Scene_1 generated on URL www.example.com/#Scene_1

Remove #Scene_1 generated on URL www.example.com/#Scene_1

Hey Guys,

I have a swf file that has only 1 scene and that swf file has different btns that go from frame1 to frame2 (this swf is loaded on html)
    The problem I am having is that when I click on some of the btns, the url: www.example.com changes to www.example.com/#Scene_1

Also, without having to click on one of these btns...when I enter to www.example.com and swf loads, URL address changes to: www.example.com/#Scene_1

Any ideas on how I can remove this? and/or why this is being shown?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Cheers.

Well it's possible that the code is linking to Scene 1 for no reason, but more often things like that are used to enable linking and bookmarking. For example, let's say you had a Flash site that had an About Us section. You might set up some code that if the address was example.com/#about_us, it would go directly to the About Us section, rather than telling someone "go to the home page, click about us...", etc.

If you think it's not doing anything, you should be able to find the code in your Actions panel in Flash, assuming you have the .fla.

Hi rdoyle720,
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply and help!

Yes I have the fla, I wrote the script.

I have nothing on my actions that is telling flash to show this #Scene_1 on the URL.

Funny thing is that some btns are generating this #Scene_1 on the URL, not all of them (all of the btns go to frame2 on the swf from frame1)

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
    Cheers.

Do you have any frame labels in your movie? Any chance you've set them to "anchor" instead of "name" under the Type dropdown?

Hi rdoyle720, nope...no frame labels at all, any other idea?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Cheers