A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with fullscreen from external loaded videoplayer

Help with fullscreen from external loaded videoplayer

Hi everyone!

Got a problem I can't seem to solve. Searched al lot but can't find a solution anywhere, perhaps someone here can help me out

I got a Flash template (AS2), that is pretty basic. On one of the pages I've loaded an external .swf videoplayer (movie_mc.loadMovie).

Now the movieplayer itself also has a fullscreen function. When I click it, it does load the fullscreen, but still the menu of the templae it shown through the fullscreen of the videoplayer.
    Is there somewhere I can add code (Template or videoplayer) to load the fullscreen of the videoplayer on top of the template, so the menu doesn't show?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Cheers,

Patrick
    Last edited by patrickflash; 12-03-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Not able to get it to go Full Screen... get "page not found" error when I click the Full Screen button on the player itself. So not exactly sure what you mean by "show through".
    Couple of thoughts....
    Give the player a black background layer so that it will not be transparent.
    Another option... it looks like the full screen button tries to open an html page?? This may not be the best option, but if all else fails, place the video player in a separate <div> on the html web page that holds your main .swf and position the player over the top of your main div.
    But would like to see what "show through means.
    Best wishes,
    Video Man

Hi Video Man (and others),

Thanks for the reply.
    Stupid me; I was testing some options and one of the test video-players (with the fullscreen button linking to a popup) was still on the server.
    I've put the original videoplayer file back now and if you go to the link, it will show the problem.
    Once you click the fullscreen button of the videoplayer (on the Show reel page), you still see the main menu on the left.

Thanks a lot!
    Cheers,

Patrick

Working with pre-made templates can be fairly challenging because you don't know for sure how it's put together.
    That being said, you may have to do a bunch of experimenting to find the answer.
    For example, could you put the video player in the top layer? perhaps that when it goes full screen the video will cover the menu.
    Or, if you can't get it on top of the menu, can you add a line to the video player full screen button to change the _visible property? of course you need to turn it back on when you exit full screen.
    OR...????
    Video Man

Hi Video Man,

Exactly what I thought.
    So I tried moving around layers in several places and it worked!
    Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Patrick