A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Home Page Headline Gallery - Need Help!

Home Page Headline Gallery - Need Help!

Hello,

I am trying to create a flash headline gallery animation for a web site and I am having a bit of trouble. I am trying to get something similar to what you see on many websites today. Example 49er website ( http://www.49ers.com/index.html ) . Typically the animation starts with one headline for a story "Click here to learn more" . After 7 seconds or so it goes to the next.
    I want mine to utilize the horizontal sliding effect between stories. underneath the stories are several buttons for navigating to a specific headline.

Many example sites i've seen use javascript or something else, but i was attempting to use Flash. I borrowed some code from a tutorial and I have some of it done. I have the button nav working, and the headlines slide horizontally when clicked. What i can't seem to add to this is the auto-play, wait 7 seconds then go to the next.

any help would be appreciated,
    thanks

I would like the same type of deal, but I want the headlines to come from a folder. The headlines would be individgual files and the code would just pull radom headline from the folder. Each headline file would have its own link for more info if you click the headline when it appears.