A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do u think this website has potential to grow?

Do u think this website has potential to grow?

I just launched this website and your opinion is really appreciated

http://biggesthater.com/index.php/about/

thnx

it's good. pretty simple, but pretty sophisticated.

I just think that the background gradient should be a little higher on the screen, so it won't mess up with the text.

congrats.

I didnt' look long at it but it is hard to read. I generally feel like I know what's going on with it but the colors make me want to leave because of the strain on my eyes. The gradient is pretty dramatic and the text doesn't have enough contrast. Maybe make the element less dramatic. Tone down the background dots and don't have the gradient go to such extremes of light and dark. Tone down the gradients in general and make sure the comments are easy to read.

Adding to that:

The borders around the videos don't do anything for the videos themselves, very distracting and too much contrast from the background. Too much spacing in the header (ie: it's tall, lots of dead space). And then in comparison the breadcrumbs are squished. You used different colors to highlight more important text but most of it is the same size. Try bolding some of the font like header and bringing down the font size. Or, just bold the fonts. The lighter text doesn't have enough leading so it's vibrating all over the place. And finally, the borders everywhere aren't doing anything for me.

Okay, sorry to tear it apart but maybe some of that can help you refine it. I look at designs all day long and tweak this stuff constantly on the sites we build to give myself credibility. Dark sites can work but it needs to have subtlety.
    Last edited by mneil; 12-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

thnx guys

Someone els designed this for me and its from a wordpress template i did change the font to white it does look a lot better and easier to read. Thnx

but i was asking more about the idea of the website like do u think people will start using it?

Okay, I misunderstood. This should be posted in the review forum. But, I can't say for sure if people will or will not start using it. If you're wondering if people will just show up then I'd say probably not. But if you put it out there enough and show it to enough people then you may be able to grow a base of users who then spread the word for you. It also depends on how easy it is to use and a lot on how it functions and looks. In short I'd say it depends on the marketing and how good the service is. It's got to have value to the users.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

It would be a lot more better if you change a background and use a brighter color.
    Create standalone SWF slideshow with Premium flash templates!

DIY slideshow template using flash template editor

Learn more about how to make your own template and DIY fathers day ecard