A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Helena - The Real Miss Piggy and more ...

Helena - The Real Miss Piggy and more ...

I shot Helena for the third time, she is one tattoed lady, among other things. We did a lot of themes. I was curious to make some old style portraits with a very shallow DOF. The pignose was meant for another theme but looked kind of cool.

Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 02-03-2011 at 12:29 PM.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Really nice stuff - care to share your lighting set up and any post processing tips?

Thanks. I use mostly cheap chinese strobes ,and also a rather cheap Polish one called Micro. The two first images is just a umbrella with the Micro, camera left.

Third has a added backlight on camera right.

Fourth has a butterfly lighting and a added backlight, camera left.

5th has one soft front flash facing a wall for ambient, and two strobes with shoot thru umbrellas on either side of Helena. The background on that one was made in 3d.The fire in her hands is from an image of a fire, where I selected a few flames and pasted into Helenas document and used Screen as blending mode as that will make all black magically disappear. The edges of the pignose wre softened and the strap cloned away.
    Skin was dodged and burned on all images, mostly on the stick thru nose image ( at pore level at times and for slight sculpting).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    I was gonna ask you how you glue the nose so fine and if you used Latex or something, great series, love Helena, she's really engaging the camera nicely

Nikonist
    I do like #1 because of her misty eyes and the soft lighting...
    #3 is outstanding too...love her decoration and tattoos, especially the red pearl is catching my eye though she's piercing her nose with a stick which obviously looks painful...the toning is giving the right balance to all this...
    the last is a bit overdone for my taste...maybe removing her name and saturating the flames and a darker bg would work to make her more present...

hint: next time I want to see a male wearing an elephant's trunk instead of...
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Sorry to rush in here and do this as I've been gone all week to a tradeshow(I promise to catch up with it all soon) but I need to take down the last image since this is a G rated board. I will post it in the mod forum to get a final say.

LOVE the series. I have always admired your style. It's very unique to you.

You're PP is unmatched.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna