A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLASH 6 PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if real
    http://www.URL_REMOVED.com
    [Edited by chewman2k on 01-14-2001 at 08:00 PM]

Originally posted by The_posiedon
    Not sure if real
    http://www.URL_REMOVED.com
    Hi the_posiedon, welcome to flash Kit!!!
    about the pictures...no they're not real. I'm not sure where you got them, but I think one of Flash Kit's members made that, and they were made because of what was being said in a thread about what people want in Flash 6.
    I'd suggest that you take these down because when Flash Kit posted them up, Macromedia told Flash Kit to take them down.
    sorry about that.

If you have any sites that you've designed, you can get them checked in the Site Check forum, and if you've got any cool sites that you've found...then you can either post them in my list of cool sites...or you can email me at chewman@mailandnews.com.
    Thanks and I hope you see you around.
    [Edited by chewman2k on 01-14-2001 at 07:57 PM]

hey the_posiedon.
    i'm not sure on the validity of these screen shots. but the idea of the new additions seems promising. flashkit did have to remove their shots, the owner of this site might have issues to deal with if macromedia finds out.
    flash 6? i was just getting used to flash 5. i think these are just a form of wish list for the next version of flash...
    chewman does have a point.

flash 6? i was just getting used to flash 5.
    hehe I haven't even touched flash 5 yet!!! It looked too cluttered for me..so I'm still using F4! I wanna use F5 though...heard some really good reports and it seems like there's a lot you can do with it I don't think we're ready for F6...just yet anyway. Heck ppl are still using F4 coz they can't affort F5 and those who are using F5 lik 8-8 are just getting used to it! Give another 12+ months...then bring it on!

psst..8-8...just wanna let you know that you need to make your website on your footer load into a _blank page...otherwise it's just gonna load over this page....thought I'd let you know

yes those are the screenshots that caused such a stir in the coffee lounge. good to see that somebody saved them

chewman- I've tried on a number of occasions to start using flash 5. It might just be my particular way of working, but I simply can't use it! I just stare at the screen!!!
    Maybe it's all of those annoying photoshop tabs everywhere that keep distracting me.. I dunno, but they really should have kept their interface and general design more consistent (imho)
    :P

Impossible, I have use various 3D software and I don't see any tools that would make it possible to make 3D. Where is the tools to rotate? to select vertex or face? Texturing?

Or is box and spheres the only thing it can make with plain color and no texture! Then it is pretty useless to me.

:P just a thought... don't get to serious in life

where gained?

where gained?

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar

Smile hmmm

Flash 5 scared me witless, I did nothing but slate it when It first came out, but now I love it and never touch flash 4, the tabs are annoying when you need space, but their great when you need to make changes quickly, and to multiple objects for example.

Cheers

Nevil Slade

http://www.twilomedia.com

Like karnak I stared at the screen and wondered what Macromedia did to the Flash 5 interface the first time I launched. I believe Macromedia should find a way to decrease the number of menus, but the feature to use illustrator shortcuts really helps my work flow. Adobe did a nice job with Photoshop 6, but there is so much more that can be done. The only way to solve this would be for me to get a dual monitor setup or the lovly cinema display by Apple for my G4. I'm glad i had a chance to see those shots, I missed them the first time around.

hehe,cool?

originally posted by chewman2k
    hehe I haven't even touched flash 5 yet!!! It looked too cluttered for me..so I'm still using F4! I wanna use F5 though...
    You guys might think I'm crazy, but I use both Flash 4 & 5 at the same time. I've been working a full year in F4 and I find it easier to use, ESPECIALLY with the timeline and colours (gradients). I use F5 mostly to open F5 movies.

Hey, I bet you there are still PRO flash masters working in F4 even though they have F5, depends what they are working on, you'll have to admit this :-)

I found it a little quicker to do some programing in Flash 4 open my file in 5 then finish up the project. Flash 5 is more like Director's style of Lingo setup. I was also wondering did anyone have problems importing Illustrator 8 or 9 files into Flash 5? I had to import my work into 4 then open that file in 5.

CapTy99.com Webmaster

Arrow hint to all flash 4'ers

flash 5 is very intimidating at first. especially to someone who was new at using flash 4. but after you take a couple of tutorials, youll see flash 5's layout is much better and easier.

Confused

Re: hint to all flash 4'ers

Originally posted by capty99
    flash 5 is very intimidating at first. especially to someone who was new at using flash 4. but after you take a couple of tutorials, youll see flash 5's layout is much better and easier.
    Haha, so true. When I first tried flash 5, I was so sick of the "Photoshop-Like" Pannels...But after using it more and more, I found how much it sped up and improved my work. Now I'm arguing about Photoshop 6! Man I hate that program!

Flash 4 use

long time ago, I learned all shortcuts in F4, so I have no problem with the speed, but I can't stand the timeline in F5. And F5 has a lot of bugs.
    I didn't say F5 is bad, it is good, I use it though, I just find Flash 4's timeline easier to work with.

Question: Is Illustrator 9 better than Freehand 9? I use Freehand and it's good to me, but most of people say that both are good and can be equally compared.
    [Edited by Nik128 on 01-15-2001 at 12:19 AM]

I love Illustrator and I think Ill 9 is great but with all the problems and bugs I've run into with a few projects I'm at the point where I use Ill 8 when I'm working on important projects. One project I did in Ill 9 would not print, I had to go back and make a ton of changes to get the same results in 8. I also tried to export to a photoshop 5 format which not only took 20 minutes on my G4 but was corrupt once I opened it in P6 and P5.5. Illustrator is still a great program but these little bugs are really something Adobe needs to address NOW!

Austrian Superstar
    chewman2_k Why did you remove the url?????

alrighty then

moo

Originally posted by SSurfer
    chewman2_k Why did you remove the url?????
    I just realised that I forgot to remove it when this thread came out. Ya know the reason dont ya? macromedia told Flash Kit to take them down!!! So I forgot to do it when the thread came out, but it just cam to me yesterday that I needed to. So I've done my duties. I didn't want to close the thread because there's some really cool talk going on in here. (should really be in the Coffee Lounge though)
    talk to ya al l8er
    James

Austrian Superstar
    chewman2_k
    ah I didn't know FK was told to remove them by macromedia
    thx