A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Error #2035: URL Not Found. URL DOES EXIST

Error #2035: URL Not Found. URL DOES EXIST

I am getting this error Error #2035: URL Not Found. on random images (maybe 50% of the images being loaded) based off of this code:

Actionscript Code:
    private function loadExternalTile(imgName:String) {
        trace("BEGIN LOAD: " + imgName);
        // Add tile upon loading completion;
        imageLoader = new Loader();
    imageLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,externalTileLoaded);
    imageLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, IOErrorHandler);
                imageLoader.load(new URLRequest(imgName));
    }
    private function externalTileLoaded(e:Event) {
                tileBaseMC.addChild(e.target.content);
    }
    private function IOErrorHandler(e:IOErrorEvent):void {
                trace("the loader threw an error");
                trace( e );
    }

Here is what the error handler is tracing
    Actionscript Code:
    [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2035: URL Not Found. URL: file:////Volumes/Macintosh%20HD/Users/me/Documents/Flash/Games/mygame/src/Editor/images/tiles/grass01.png"]

If I navigate to the URL that apparently doesn't exist, it loads up just fine, so what gives?

This code is run on a "tile" object when loaded a saved level. Like I said at the beginning, this happens randomly and to about 50% of the tiles being loaded in the level. There are hundreds of these being run at the same time when a level loads. Is that what is breaking it?

Wow, lots of views and no replies.... Some help would be very much appreciated!

Can you show a url for a file that is not loaded? From the script you show there is no way to tell what the problem is.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform View Post
    Can you show a url for a file that is not loaded? From the script you show there is no way to tell what the problem is.
    The URL is local and works great. I could have a 100x100 grid that loads the same external graphic 10,000 times and after loading about 50% it gets flaky and starts giving the error that the URL isn't found. I'm guessing it is an I/O issue since so many external calls are being made? Anyone else run into this?