A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: navigateToURL with PHP POST

navigateToURL with PHP POST

So I googled this problem and found like 3 threads with the exact same problem and what fixed their problem didn't fix mine, plus those threads are pretty dated. So I thought I'd get a more up to date answer.
    PHP Code:
    var req:URLRequest = new URLRequest ("http://localhost/SE/processimage.php");
    var 
    vars:URLVariables = new URLVariables ();
    vars.awd "awd";
    req.method "POST";
    //req.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
    req.data vars;
    navigateToURL (req
    PHP Code:
    echo $_POST ['awd'];
    echo 
    $_GET ['awd']; 
    When I load that url the variable is sent using the GET method instead. It appears in the url in the browser and the browser shows an error first then "awd", meaning it worked for $_GET. I tried both req.methods and tried adding "_self" and "_blank" and also on different browsers. It still uses GET. I require your assistance please.

What about your server? Have you tried rebooting it? Seems like there may be an issue there.

I'm using WampServer and I tried restarting it. But how could it be an issue on the server? The PHP script is working perfectly fine.

Actually this is going to sound dumb but I've had this issue. Try moving the req.data = vars above the req.method call.

I was hoping it would be a weird fix but unfortunately it didn't make a difference..