A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ntris - A Tetris Based Game

Ntris - A Tetris Based Game

So, you know how tetris is based off of a set of pieces that all have four squares? Well my game is built off of n number of squares. each time you go up a level, the complexity of the pieces increase. you can also change the game play to use only with pieces built with 5 or 6 or 7 etc.. squares =]

I integrated it into the facebook UI, so you can keep track of high scores and things if you would like.. you DO NOT need facebook to use it, so let me know what you think. =]

i'm really really excited about this project. hope you enjoy.

Also, if any body has any tips, ideas, suggestions, or if you find any bugs, please let me know.
    http://apps.facebook.com/ntris-game/

Interesting concept. I only played a little while, to see how the mechanic would work and it looks like you've found a good balance. My two cents:

I don't think I need instructions to play a Tetris game, right? Bieng the gameboy schooled non-kid that I am, I pressed play, positioned some blocks, had to turn a block, so I pressed space and my block slammed to the floor. I had to look through the settings to find out it was the up arrow. Since rotating is a core mechanic, why do you default it to only the up arrow? The up arrow as well as space,ctrl and shift are obvious choices for a player.

It takes too long for the unique mechanic to kick in. I was actually getting bored before I got to level 2. In Flash games that may be suicide. I suggest level 1 only lasting the first two lines, so the player quickly gets to the:"Hey, this is new" experience.

Pretty cool. It seemed like the falling speed of the blocks increased faster than I am used to, but maybe I just suck at Tetris