A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: long live

long live

flashkit. it was a good ride.

no post is 3 days. yikes.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Yeah I think it might be in its twilight years.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    So quick to pass over the yellow, eh?

Whenever I have flash issues or questions, or am looking for something to do, I jump on FK. That being said, I think there's probably less traffic in the CL due to all the social media. People are Tweeting, FBing and Stumbling more instead of coming in and posting arbitrary "fun-ness" in the CL. I see Gerbs on Twitter pretty regularly and not in the CL as much.

I've taken a break from lots of stuff over the past few months while straightening out personal issues, but I still lurk around FK and always enjoy the yellow security blanket.
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

I'm not leaving for good yet. I still come back at least once every time I'm on my laptop and I swear I'll be back in the 88 to post some photos and finally respond to the backlog of threads I have neglected.

but it's true other media sources really have destroyed the forum format.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

So if the CL comes back to life after 3 days... does that mean something biblical too?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

maybe we should allow illegal immigrants so they can post in threads we don't want to post on.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I always stop by, just not until I'm caught up on twitter.

I only follow a handful of photographers and a few random accounts and if I don't check twitter daily I have so many things to read to catch up. I don't know how people follow hundreds of people.

I'm still learning...
    I follow a bunch of art and design related stuffs on twitter, but I never login twitter or open TweetDeck for few months now.

Now I'm usually on tumblr, because I can see pictures without clicking the link like Twitter.

i recently deactivated my facebook and have started to transition into a more daily blog/journal on kontain.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Still the same yellow and blue. ; )

Oh, and forums aren't dead, it's just that there are other forums that cater to Q&A type more 'interestingly' than FK, such as those over at StackExchange..~

FK has tigers blood.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yeah we're bi winning here. Winning a little here and a little there

I'm still learning...
    Oh look! It's March! I remember March Madness.

What's that!?!

There are forums that thrive thru it all. Mostly it has to do with the attitude. Here everyone complains that there are no new contributions. When someone does contribute the rest try to shut it down. I take my politics elsewhere now as well as other lounge subjects. I'd rather discuss things with people who want to discuss them.

Take March Madness. I never contributed I'll grant you that but I never tried to detract from it either. Way back when I was the one to convince the powers that be to have the Arena in the first place. All the people who complained the hardest about the fall off in the arena are the same people who stopped contributing to the arena.

If you want flashkit to be active and vibrant it starts with you. Contribute, Invite friends put the expectaion you have on others onto yourself.

I started a thread yesterday at a music forum. It's now six pages deep. What does that forum have that fk lacks? Commitment.