A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help trying to embed Bengali font

Help trying to embed Bengali font

Hi,

I'm trying to embed a Bengali font into my Flash project with the Bengali text being loaded from an external XML file. I'm using the Akaash font downloaded from here.

I haven't been able to get this working for this language - I've had no problem with embedding Russian or other European languages in other projects.

The text appears if I don't embed the font but disappears if I do embed it. Does anyone have experience of using a Bengali font and if so is there a specific font I should use?

Cheers!

if this bangla unicode base font , you can't embed it.... You can use asc bangla font sutonimj...
    Adobe Photoshop, Flash , Illustrator etc .. doesn't support unicode base... as far as i know

Quote Originally Posted by jlordy1 View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to embed a Bengali font into my Flash project with the Bengali text being loaded from an external XML file. I'm using the Akaash font downloaded from here.

I haven't been able to get this working for this language - I've had no problem with embedding Russian or other European languages in other projects.

The text appears if I don't embed the font but disappears if I do embed it. Does anyone have experience of using a Bengali font and if so is there a specific font I should use?

Cheers!