A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: @ character not showing in flash contact form!

@ character not showing in flash contact form!

Hi all, This problem has been posted here before without any replies! I hope somebody can help out!

I can not get the @ character to show up in an input textfiled within my flash contact form. Now here's the weird bit, at least to me. This only happens when the flash movie is viewed in Firefox/chrome browsers, Internet explorer works fine and you can use and see the @ character fine.

I have searched for similar topics, tried all available embed options including embed all. I have even tried putting a static textfield on the stage to with the @ character in it so that it used in the movie that way too. Still nothing.

I can't figure this one out as it has never happened to me before and any solution would be greatly appreciated as I can not use my contact form without it.

Thanks in advance,

Flash cs5 as3

tried all available embed options including embed all
    I don't believe it

This embed definitely embeds all characters of the font, I've tried it many times, and it worked in all browsers:
    Actionscript Code:
    [Embed(source="/bin/fonts/VERDANA.TTF", fontName="verdana", embedAsCFF="false", fontStyle="normal", advancedAntiAliasing="true", mimeType="application/x-font")]private static var Verdana:Class;

Just put the font you wanna use into some folder inside your project and add path to it, then change your text field's embedFonts option to true, and use "fontName" (in this case "verdana") variable for the font property of your text field
    Last edited by caseyryan; 03-16-2011 at 05:26 AM.

thanks for that, im pretty new to all this! How do I add a path to it and where do i place to actionscript as it comes up as an error when i place it in the actions layer..?

as it comes up as an error when i place it in the actions layer
    What error are you talking about?

I never tried to put it on any layers, this code is for classes