A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Papervision 3D Flash Presentation on the Xoom Tablet (Android) w/ Touchscreen

Papervision 3D Flash Presentation on the Xoom Tablet (Android) w/ Touchscreen

Does anyone here have any experience putting a Flash application on the Xoom tablet or another Android device w/ touchscreen?

I have a Flash presentation that is built in Papervision 3D and I want to put it on the Xoom tablet. Are there different event handlers to make the touchscreen work or will normal button events port correctly?

I have exported the application into an Air Android application.. I'm waiting for my Xoom tablet to test it out.

If anyone has any advice or information about this, I would be very appreciative.

Nothing needs to be changed.

You can leave it .swf and deploy it a browser, or convert it to an app.

It will work fine.

The mobile flash player converts these events to touch events for you.

I have about 40 apps and webapps I created in flash on my xoom, these apps are workarounds to not having a flash compiler on android, so I can still use the xoom to develop flash content, one of the apps I made ftp my files, tells my office pc to pull them down and compile it, then ftp the .swf so I can see it on my xoom through the browser.

So far nothing I have tried to do/use has given me any problems, flash is awesome on a mobile device, we bascially have our own portable OS that will run on anything and we can make anything with it.
    Last edited by truimagz; 05-09-2011 at 02:32 PM.