A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help in clearing a drag and drop object

Help in clearing a drag and drop object

Hello i am new to flash, well not new but havent used it in years. I am using this tutorial

http://www.flashclassroom.com/docs/d...tsflashcs3.pdf

I got it working but the problem is, is when i go to the next frame the items that are matched succesfully stay there, I want to know how to clear them, so they don't get in the way of the next frames. Maybe it is something simple?

Hopefully someone can help soon, thanks a lot

You say the matched items remain on stage after moving to the next frame, are they suppose to all disappear when it moves to the next frame, or only the unmatched? What is suppose to happen.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

sorry i did'nt explain too well. I just want all of the drag and drop stuff to disapear so i can start a new frame as normal.

Since both the drag and drop elements are in the timeline, simply generate a new (empty) keyframe at the point you want the symbols to disappear.
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

no i done that and the items that were succesfully dropped in the right place just stay there for the next frame and the remainder of the movie so get in the way of what i want to put in the next frame. so bad...

If you components are manually added to the timeline during authoring and you've inserted an empty keyframe after it, you should have nothing appearing beyond the keyframe, unless you have not selected all layers.

Hello, i don't really understand you sorry.I have uploaded the file here incase someone would have a look for me, i just want the next frame to get rid of the writing that stays there once it has been dropped in the right place so i cn put new content in the next frame without that getting in the way.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VO509UYF

Please have a look someone! This is doing my nut in

Hi, that link does not seem to work here is another one

http://www.2shared.com/file/Gtsn0eXm..._year_old.html

, omg please someone help, im sure for someone that knows what they are doing it would only take 5 mins!!

Hello maybe i can explain it better, i am desperate here, lol

I have made a drag and drop game (using a tutorial) where there are shapes and targets for these shapes, if you match the correct shapes to the correct target the shape stays in the target ( it doesnt if you don't) the problem i am having is that the shape stays there for the rest of the frames once it is matched to the target and i don't want it there because it gets in the way of content for the rest of the movie.

I just want to know how to make the shape go away for the rest of the movie. I hope this is explained better, thanks

Please help someone, i need this in in an hr!! Please

hey please help someone, i thought you guys knew what you were doing. Please