A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "powerpoint like" video presentation

"powerpoint like" video presentation

Hi,
    i am having some trouble laying out a system for a video presentation to work.
    Maybe i need some very basic help here. I have searched the forums, but i think i need even low level info...

To the point. I have to create a "powerpoint like" presentation, but each slide is a short video wich stops at the end and when the talker wants to pass to the next one he presses the arrow key.
    All og this will be launched from a laptop, and the files will be all local there.

I have used flash in the past, but never dealing with video. So i have to ask from the beggining, in wich way should i import it? none of the options the import wizard offers me seems adecuate for running from the hard drive.

And what system do you suggest to organize the workflow?
    On frame with one video each? (is posible to stop on the las frame doing this?)
    One scene with one video each?

I´ll be gratefull with other suggestions too.

Thanks in advance.
    T

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Just set up a list of yoru slides (videos) in an XML file and write the player to play the slides in order. You can wait until each video completes to enable navigation or allow them to press the arrow key any time to end the current video and skip to the next one.
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Thanks Tim for your answer.

In the meantime, i managed to put each clip in each frame and scripted the passing form one to another.
    The thing is when going fullscreen i have a black instant between frames, wich i don´t have while viewing at normal resolution windowed.
    This is quite unnaceptable for the client.
    So i ask you if with the method you suggested this will be different, maybe because you control the movies from the same frame (?).

Thanks in advance,
    T

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Instead of an instant transition you fade one MC out ass you fade the other one in. You don't start the transition until the second clip is loaded and ready to display.
    When your swf2exe tool just HAS to work
    there's only one choice... SWF Studio

Hey Tim,
    thanks again.

Will try that for sure. Didn´t realize that was the loading time that black moment.
    Hope to solve it this weekend.

Best regards,
    T