A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CS5 text embedding issues, i think

Question CS5 text embedding issues, i think

Hi all, before i post up my problem, i should point out that i'm an animal guy - beyond basic HTML, websites are WAYYYYY out of my comfort zone. So please.....talk to me like a child and i may, just possibly understand what you're talking about

Ok, so i found a nice flash template, went out and got myself the Adobe CS5 program and got to work on editing my site.
    Only think is, it turns out that certain letters don't work on the website.

The website is here:
    http://reticulatedpython.info/me

If you go to the contact page and try to type in your email address you'll see what i mean.

So i have tried repeatedly to edit, embed and all sorts to get it to work but all i am managing is to confuse myself. A copy of the .fla is found here:
    http://reticulatedpython.info/random/home.fla

If someone, anyone could explain to me what i need to do i would really appreciate it

Had a look at the site, couldn't really tell from the contact page what could be causing the issue(s). It could just be that my system has the font in question already installed. However, I looked at the fla as well and the text fields in the contact form need to have the fonts embedded. Really quite simple to do. Just select one of the text fields and then have a look at the "Properties" panel, if it's not already open in a side menu, try pressing "Control + F3" on Windows (probably "Command F3" on the Mac, but don't hold me to it). Once the Properties panel is visible, look for the heading "CHARACTER", should be in bold letters. Within that area, there should be an "EMBED..." button, hit it and a new dialog box should appear. Look under "CHARACTER RANGES" and select from the list the different glyphs that should be embedded into the text field. Usually, "Uppercase", "Lowercase", "Numerals" and "Punctuation" are the only ones I ever select. Repeat for all dynamic or input text fields.

HTH.
    Wile E. Coyote - "Clear as mud?"

Thanks for your reply Rob, i was able to figure it out last night before i logged off.
    Turned out i had been trying to embed "arial" when i needed "verdana".

All is good now, thanks again though!