A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Logo Mask Glimmer Effect

Unhappy Logo Mask Glimmer Effect

Greetings,

I'm new to the community and would hate to start off my first post needing help. But I really do need some help with a small logo animation I'm doing for a website. I can only promise to help in the near future when my flash skills are significantly better.

I'm guessing this would be simple but I just started in flash and have no clue what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to add an animated logo effect using a linear gradient to create a glimmer effect, using a motion tween. In order to make it appear the logo glimmered with light every so many seconds.

When I add a mask to the glimmer layer but the effect comes out obviously wrong. I read somewhere that in the action script I have to use "cacheAsBitmap" but that does not seem to effect anything.

I found an example of the effect I am looking to do in a tutorial pertaining to text effects
    http://www.entheosweb.com/Flash/vide...ext_effect.asp

I have seen this effect used thousands of times online, but there doesn't appear to be any tutorials out there for it.

If anyone can help with this issue I would be truly grateful.

Thanks

Zip the swf and attach it to post.

Hey Mac,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate any effort into this issue I'm having with this logo animation and would definitely be in your debt. I have attached the .fla and .swf file, I have followed all the instructions on that tutorial i posted and this is the end result for me.

Don't know if I'm lacking something in action script or if its wrong all together.

Thanks Again.

.swf link: www.bzc1.com/downloads/logoflash.zip

Like this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile

Mac thanks for the help, its truly appreciated. I was looking to shine the whole logo, but I think what you did is going to be more than fine. Thanks Again.

Just one quick question, do you know how I would make the background visible? I export it and the background remains white. Is there a certain way I should be exporting it?

Thanks for everything Mac.

Smile

Hey Mac, i just figured out how to make the background transparent. I found it under publishing settings and set the background using html. Thanks again for everything. Remember I owe you one. I'm good with most aspects of designing websites but mainly i do pretty good graphics. Let me know if you ever need help in that area.

Thanks Again.

Try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files