A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: great before/after effect

great before/after effect

Hi all, there's this cool site

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

it has great image views, was wondering, how do they do that scrolling before and after effect?

am not too great at scripting, but would like to learn, seems great for portfolio presentation.

Please advise!

Thanks!

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Pretty straight-forward. A few different ways to do it, but I'd create a layer with one image and a layer with the other image and put a mask over one of the layers.

Using CS3 and AS2, I'd put an onEnterFrame on the mask layer to have it slide with the mouse. And, to make it look more like the example, put a black line and have it follow it as well.

I attached a sample clip.

If it was going to be used in a larger program, I might come up with a way to avoid using the onEnterFrame, maybe a transparent layer or something. Also, looks like they're using some easing as well to give some physics to the mask.

Lots of other ways to do it as well. Would definitely do it differently in AS3, but the concept is the same.

Hope that helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Hello there!! wow..god knows how i was looking for this example!! could you please make an example with clicking and draging the black line to the left to reveal the other image? how can i make this? please hope you can help me! my mail juandrhc@gmail.com
    thanks in advance!!!

Just change it to use drag and drop functions instead of enterFrame...

Something like:

Code:
    line_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, drag);
    stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, drop);
    addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, onEnterFrame);

function drag(e:MouseEvent):void
    {
    	e.target.startDrag(false, new Rectangle(0,0,550,0));

}

function drop(e:MouseEvent):void
    {
         stopDrag();
    }

function onEnterFrame(e:Event):void
    {
    	mask_mc.x=line_mc.x;
    }
    Hope that helps!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

flashpipe1 first of all thanx a lot for your response!! it didn't worked. I placed your code on the first keyframe, just as the old one. but I got this:error.jpg

Ah, the code I sent was AS3...my original file was AS2. You'll have to go into Publish setting and change the Script to ActionScript 3.0.

flashpipe1 THANK YOU a lot!! works very fine!!! thank you!!

Hey @flashpipe1 just a little more!! what if i only want the slide to work on the green area of the stage? here is the example
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi FlashPipe1

Quote Originally Posted by flashpipe1 View Post
    Pretty straight-forward. A few different ways to do it, but I'd create a layer with one image and a layer with the other image and put a mask over one of the layers.

Using CS3 and AS2, I'd put an onEnterFrame on the mask layer to have it slide with the mouse. And, to make it look more like the example, put a black line and have it follow it as well.

I attached a sample clip.

If it was going to be used in a larger program, I might come up with a way to avoid using the onEnterFrame, maybe a transparent layer or something. Also, looks like they're using some easing as well to give some physics to the mask.

Lots of other ways to do it as well. Would definitely do it differently in AS3, but the concept is the same.

Hope that helps!
    I was hoping to use the file you send but unfortunately with the version I have it won't read AS2. It simply deletes the code so I can't use it and couldn't find it anywhere else. Could you please send me the file in AS3! Thank you so much in advance!

This is the type of result I'm hoping to get: http://www.buzzfeed.com/lorynbrantz/...up#.quEYLeYmX5