A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: truimagz - PARTICLE MAKER (as3)

truimagz - PARTICLE MAKER (as3)

Hi all,

This is a FLASH PARTICLE MAKER I have been working on for some time. I have decided to share it with the community.

This particle maker will give you the .as code to paste in your .fla to re-create any particle effect you make with it.

It is a very robust program, and includes tools for custom animation sequences, 3D, and filters.

Be sure and read the HOW TO USE and look at the basic examples. (Obviously the sky is the limit here)

http://truimagz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24&start=0

(no plugins or exporting is required, this particle system will give you all the code needed to have your created particle system run natively in your flash file using actionscript 3. This is a browser application, no downloading required)
    Last edited by truimagz; 05-11-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Will moderate for beer
    Thanks for posting this. The 4th example on that page doesn't seem to do anything, but the rest look neat.

Is this a flash plugin or component or what? I did not download it to play with it, but the description makes it look like there's some sort of UI rather than just a particle engine codebase. Is it standalone? AIR or flash or something else?

I created some particle classes, and as the options grew, the harder it became to make good particles in code.

So I created a GUI for my classes that would allow me to create and see my code in real time.

I decided to add the ability for anyone to donwload and use my class paths, so now the world can create flash particles for their projects.

It is an .swf that sits in the browser, as you create particle effects it gives you the code to pastes int a movie clip in your project so you can have the particle effect you created in my particle maker, running in your project without needing a component or importing images and stuff like that.

The 4th example is just rain
    Last edited by truimagz; 04-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.

I posted a reply said it needed to be moderated.

Hate to re-write it. But more information is available at the link now.

We'll see what happens, with my post.

Will moderate for beer
    I approved the message that needed moderation. Thanks for clarifying.

Limited 3D is now available as well.

See examples here.

http://truimagz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32426
    Last edited by truimagz; 05-07-2011 at 08:34 PM.

There is now a complete HOW TO USE section with detailed explanations of every feature at the link in the OP.

The thread topic at the link provided is locked to responses, so if you have any questions please post them here.

And I hope you all get some use out of it.

(If a mod could combine my posts that would great)
    Last edited by truimagz; 05-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Flash image particle effect maker

There is now a version of the particle effect maker for use on Display Objects.

Most of the same features and functionality of the particle maker is available in this version as well, except the particle effect is applied to a Display Object ( ie, Movie Clip ), to break it apart.

http://www.truimagz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

This is great stuff. I didn't look into how it works but are you blitting this? Well done.

No blitting, although I did look into it.

This just uses good ole sprites, and bitmapdata.

Obviously it's not the best ever made, or even the best I have seen. But it does the job I need it to, and does it quite well, so it's worth sharing eh.

Just a tool I made to make my job easier, hopefully it can do the same for someone else.

Just about all of the most popular as3 libraries started out this way. Stick it on github, keep it updated and you should see some life. Pick a good open source license if you haven't already.

Yea, it's going up probably next week.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Been very busy and have not been able to get this project setup on github yet.

If anyone has worked with this and would like to start the ball rolling on getting this setup on github please p.m. me. I could use the assistance.