A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar

[SOLVED] Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Over a decade of waiting is finally over.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-...ry?id=13505703

Beers and Cheers all around.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    amazing, just listening to President Obama making the announcement now.

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

If people were skeptical about Obama's birth certificate, you know damn well people will be skeptical about this.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Great news. I honestly thought the guy was already dead and was being kept "alive" with photoshop.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    If people were skeptical about Obama's birth certificate, you know damn well people will be skeptical about this.

thats for sure... just heard that he was buried at sea???? what the?? Hardly makes sense to me. I guess we will have to wait for the images to come out of photoshop and see how good they are.

d

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Ding Dong the witch is dead.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    Ding Dong the witch is dead.
    But which old witch?

...was it really the wicked witch?

My sentiments as well. I agree with you and FL. I think he passed away a long time back and it just had reached a convienent time for the administration to prop up a story. I'm sure the campaign staff will remind us all of this next year as the election cycle begins.

So they retired the halloween costume.
    Gaddafi will easily suffice as the new biggest bad guy. And I'm sure they'll try and keep him around for as long as it's convienent.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    [LIKE] all of the above

and just a peek at what we -the bearded guys aka Muslims- think about this whole situation...

Most Muslims think he was a criminal and a terrorist, it's mentioned a few times in the Quran that even during a war, the blood of Children, women and elderly is sacred and never to be spilled, he didn't liberate an invaded country, nor did he target the enemies, he targeted civilians, children, women, and including a few Muslims as well, I'm only sorry for the 50,000,000 US$ going unclaimed

You mean the truck loads of gold that disappeared from under building 7?

@FL, they gave some cover story that his body was being processed in accordance with islamic law. I guess that means fish food.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frets View Post
    My sentiments as well. I agree with you and FL. I think he passed away a long time back and it just had reached a convienent time for the administration to prop up a story. I'm sure the campaign staff will remind us all of this next year as the election cycle begins.
    If so, I think they screwed-up bigtime.
    This is waaaay too early to pull an "October surprise".
    A year and a half of daily BS, unemployment, and rising gas prices from now, and the average voter won't remember or care.
    They should've kept this one quiet for at least another 9 months to ride the wave back into office.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN View Post
    You mean the truck loads of gold that disappeared from under building 7?
    ...or the truckloads of billions that mysteriously went missing in Iraq?

...or do you mean all of Haliburton's ill-gotten war profits sitting in offshore accounts?
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Obama wants to wrap up the afganistan war. He can't do that unless he pulls some type of victory out of his hat to show conservatives "mission accomplished" Meanwhile the money will keep flowing to haliburton et all via Libya.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    hmmm, president Obama refuses to release images. Body dropped in the sea.
    DNA can be collected and preserved from other times and locations.

I wonder how the president is going to convince the world that he is dead?

Does he need to? Or is the claim of a successful outcome enough? Is all we need someone saying "ding dong the witch is dead"?

Since when did the CIA and US goverment have a reputation for the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Right because everyone knows how difficult it would be to release a fake image.

He refuses to release the photos because their internal photoshop guy is on vacation.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

While Secretary of State Hillary Clinton echoed the sentiment that “justice has been served,” she evidently took issue with the Presidential vision of a “safer” world, warning that terror “won’t stop with the death of Bin Laden, we must redouble our efforts.”
    If it’s a “safer” world, why the need to “redouble our efforts”? These were but two of the contradictions coming from the White House in the early hours of the breaking story...

Is it revenge or terror... really? 9/11 was remotely motivated by US foreign policy – with its unconditional support of Israel and concomitant support of the same Middle East monarchs, autocrats and dictators now being toppled in the wave of revolution?

What Osama’s death did do was boost the President’s sagging poll numbers and deflect public attention from the news that really mattered.
    Like :

Help America win losing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Lower the unemployment rate.
    Stop the US or European nations from sinking deeper into recessions and depression.
    Revive failing real estate markets or solve the debt and deficit crises.
    Lower oil and food prices.
    Reverse the damage or stop the radioactive fallout from Fukushima.

What Osama Bin Laden’s death also did was to deflect attention from the US/NATO “humanitarian” mission in Libya, which, just two days earlier, had delivered several humanitarian bombs upon the home of Muammar Qaddafi’s son, killing him and three of his children. The bungled attempt to assassinate Qaddafi (who had been visiting his son) was condemned by Russia, brought recriminations against NATO from other UN members for overstepping the UN mandate, and called into question the legality of the air strike. With a groundswell of public sympathy building around the world for Qaddafi’s murdered grandchildren, the very purpose and future of the entire mission was being called into question.

Anyway.. USA is bankrupt and that wont change.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

I'm curious what you would do in the Libya situation? What is your stance on a leader bombing his own civilians?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Military action is needed you maybe say, US and British politicians claim to, because Gaddafi is "killing his own people". Hundreds have certainly died, but that's hard to take seriously as the principal motivation.

When more than 300 people were killed by Hosni Mubarak's security forces in a couple of weeks, Washington initially called for "restraint on both sides". In Iraq, 50,000 US occupation troops protect a government which not too long ago killed 29 peaceful demonstrators demanding reform. In Bahrain, home of the US fifth fleet, the regime has been shooting and gassing protesters with British-supplied equipment for weeks.

The "responsibility to protect" invoked by those demanding intervention in Libya is applied so selectively that the word hypocrisy doesn't do it justice. And the idea that states which are themselves responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in illegal wars, occupations and interventions in the last decade, along with mass imprisonment without trial, torture and kidnapping, should be authorised by international institutions to prevent killings in other countries is simply preposterous. The reality is that the western powers which have backed authoritarian kleptocrats across the Middle East for decades now face a loss of power in the most strategically sensitive region of the world as a result of the Arab uprisings and the prospect of representative governments. They are evidently determined to appropriate the revolutionary process wherever possible, limiting it to cosmetic change that allows continued control of the region.

In Libya, the disintegration of the regime offers a crucial opening. Even more important, unlike Tunisia and Egypt, it has the strategic prize of the largest oil reserves in Africa.

This will maybe open your eye to the absent from America’s non-stop exultation and self-congratulation, absent from the acres of newsprint and the countless hours of air time, was any discussion of the practical consequences of the death of Bin Laden who, before making it back into the headlines, had been both a fading memory and a non-issue. So irrelevant had Bin Laden and his jihad rhetoric become that, in the months preceding his assassination, every one of the uprisings occurring throughout the Middle East and North Africa was secular and in direct opposition to Bin Laden’s militant pan-Islamic vision.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Quote Originally Posted by atRax View Post
    Military action is needed you maybe say, US and British politicians claim to, because Gaddafi is "killing his own people". Hundreds have certainly died, but that's hard to take seriously as the principal motivation.

The "responsibility to protect" invoked by those demanding intervention in Libya is applied so selectively that the word hypocrisy doesn't do it justice.

I am not a very political person but i recall hearing numerous times on NP report and interviews with people in Libya Asking for the US to come help.

Egypt was a ****ing tea party by the river compared to whats happening in Libya. Libya is basically in the middle of a civil war, Of course the US is going to back the side that has its best interests in mind, Just like the French backed the US in the revolutionary war, and just like the US backed most of Europe during the world wars.

But that aside you didnt answer my question, What would You have done? I mean Canada is are perfect, Debt free* country. I'm curious on how someone from Canada would fix libya as well as the US debt problem.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

If it’s a “safer” world, why the need to “redouble our efforts”? These were but two of the contradictions coming from the White House in the early hours of the breaking story...
    The point is to avoid making the mistake of thinking that the threat of terrorism is gone since OBL was killed.

Is it revenge or terror... really? 9/11 was remotely motivated by US foreign policy – with its unconditional support of Israel and concomitant support of the same Middle East monarchs, autocrats and dictators now being toppled in the wave of revolution?
    Ah. Yes. The "America deserved it" argument. Explain that to a family that lost someone on 9/11 who was just going to work for the day.

What Osama’s death did do was boost the President’s sagging poll numbers and deflect public attention from the news that really mattered.
    OBL was responsible for killing thousands of people. That matters to most of us. Forgive us if we spend some time discussing it after 10 years of trying to hold him accountable.

Help America win losing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    Lower the unemployment rate.
    Stop the US or European nations from sinking deeper into recessions and depression.
    Revive failing real estate markets or solve the debt and deficit crises.
    Lower oil and food prices.
    Reverse the damage or stop the radioactive fallout from Fukushima.
    Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean that there aren't people working on and discussing these issues. You seem to be implying that nothing gets done unless it is getting a nightly spot on Fox News.

What Osama Bin Laden’s death also did was to deflect attention from the US/NATO “humanitarian” mission in Libya, which, just two days earlier, had delivered several humanitarian bombs upon the home of Muammar Qaddafi’s son, killing him and three of his children. The bungled attempt to assassinate Qaddafi (who had been visiting his son) was condemned by Russia, brought recriminations against NATO from other UN members for overstepping the UN mandate, and called into question the legality of the air strike. With a groundswell of public sympathy building around the world for Qaddafi’s murdered grandchildren, the very purpose and future of the entire mission was being called into question.
    I agree that this conflict is not being handled well. We should have skipped NATO involvement and declared our full intention to remove Qaddafi's terrorist regime at this critical moment when he is vulnerable.

Your attitude suggests that Bush was right and Obama is wrong in that going through NATO isn't going to endear people who are intent on hating the US anyway. It just renders the operation less competent, more drawn out and bloodier.

Anyway.. USA is bankrupt and that wont change.
    Within the context of your other statements, this sounds like wishful thinking. However, if the US were to go bankrupt and you are in Canada, you would quickly be wishing otherwise.

Qaddafi's regime has murdered far more than "hundreds" in the past and in recent events.

The "responsibility to protect" invoked by those demanding intervention in Libya is applied so selectively that the word hypocrisy doesn't do it justice.
    Where are you getting "responsibility" to protect? The word is "justified". Or, do you think that the people Qaddafi has killed deserved it? He had to hire mercenaries because his own military refused to fire on their people.

You seem to be arguing that people should only be protected from murder if the entity protecting them has protected everyone else in the world in an equal way. Strange logic.

And the idea that states which are themselves responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands in illegal wars, occupations and interventions in the last decade, along with mass imprisonment without trial, torture and kidnapping, should be authorised by international institutions to prevent killings in other countries is simply preposterous.
    Illegal according to what body of law? Canadian? Saddam was in violation of several mandates and given every opportunity imaginable to avoid military confrontation.

It's easier to passively rely on other nations than it is to do the heavy lifting.

The reality is that the western powers which have backed authoritarian kleptocrats across the Middle East for decades now face a loss of power in the most strategically sensitive region of the world as a result of the Arab uprisings and the prospect of representative governments. They are evidently determined to appropriate the revolutionary process wherever possible, limiting it to cosmetic change that allows continued control of the region.
    Just the opposite. The common people of these nations want liberalized government and are putting their necks out to get it. It is both strategically and morally justified to assist people in this effort.

The idea that the west "controls" the region has as much merit as Qaddafi's claim that Al Qaeda is putting hallucinogenic drugs in the peoples milk.

In Libya, the disintegration of the regime offers a crucial opening. Even more important, unlike Tunisia and Egypt, it has the strategic prize of the largest oil reserves in Africa.
    This same type of "war for oil" thing was claimed about the Iraq war, never to be substantiated on any significant level.

US businesses would certainly like to buy oil. Libyans would certainly like to sell it.

The reality is that the value of the oil makes a tyrant in Libya more dangerous since they will have greater means. If we can support a movement that results in a stable, peaceful government, it's a win for everyone.

This will maybe open your eye to the absent from America’s non-stop exultation and self-congratulation, absent from the acres of newsprint and the countless hours of air time, was any discussion of the practical consequences of the death of Bin Laden who, before making it back into the headlines, had been both a fading memory and a non-issue. So irrelevant had Bin Laden and his jihad rhetoric become that, in the months preceding his assassination, every one of the uprisings occurring throughout the Middle East and North Africa was secular and in direct opposition to Bin Laden’s militant pan-Islamic vision.
    Did you read the acres of newsprint before concluding that no discussion of practical consequences occurred? Based on my observations, you can't have read or listened to much at all about the issue to have that conclusion.

It isn't a requirement that everything be related to OBL in the region in order for him to be relevant. As mentioned, he killed thousands of people. Until he was brought to justice, he was always going to be relevant. He was also apparently working on another attack for this 9/11. That's as relevant as it gets according to the duties given to government to protect it's citizens.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf