A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can I see your photography website?

Flex Dev

Can I see your photography website?

I am not a photographer but it is my wife's #1 passion.

She started doing professional shoots around 5 years ago and booked quite a few weddings last year.

Anyway, since I'm sort of a web developer I made her a basic (flash) website for showing off her work but of course Steve Jobs will have none of that on his pristine devices so I re-did the website using HTML5 jQuery.

My goal was to use as little interface (buttons/controls) as possible and just show pictures.

If anyone here makes money as a photographer can you link to your website?

I'd like to take a look and see what you are doing to show off your work and schedule shoots.

Thanks

The site is still under development but you can see it here: mistyalger.com

Flex Dev
    very clean and only your great photos remain.

i now have to consider getting rid of the thumbnails in the gallery since even those can detract from the actual picture.

awesome site - thanks for sharing

i need to redo it but here's mine www.paulbisaillon.virb.com
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Flex Dev
    very cool - thanks for sharing paul

i especially like full screen mode

although i'm not a photographer my wife has told me what sort of things to look for (rule of thirds, lighting, etc) and you have a stunning portfolio!

those are some interesting smoke shots and the lighting in the shot below is so awesome (i want to go there)

that shot is actually on my old college campus. that light is the lamp post from the tennis courts shhhhh
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

My site is here ... www.studiobild.com

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Nikonist
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

Arctic Man
    Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska
    Very impressive web sites for sure. But I am on a slow connection and normally I wouldn't wait for the pages to load in that manner.

My photography web site : http://majikimaje.com
    Making money $$ is simple to do in Photography in many different ways and methods. It all boils down to you having something that someone else wants, be it a product, a service, skill or image.
    For 30 years my images have supported me & my family quite comfortably, Each year sales are bigger than previous years. I was lucky - My subject matter was very unique.

My sons however took a different approach. They put me to shame.

Gorgeous fossil ivory bracelets that are simple to make @ home with no experience necessary. We have taught children in the Arctic how to do this and they make outrageous $$. Hundreds of families all over the upper regions of the arctic generate an income by creating Arts & Crafts at home. 75% unemployment in the villages

These familes generate many hundreds of thousands of bux, sitting @ home and working.

Have you ever made 10K in a week working @ home ??? (chuckle) Believe it or not; this is very simple to do. The demand is a world wide open market.

Take the time to check it out. A lot of work has gone into presenting this thread.

Millions of people are out of work in the U.S. - This can't fail, It has been tested and proven for decades and you can do this no matter where you live!
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 09-10-2011 at 11:51 PM.